This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt
DANNY BẠCH (aka BẠCH NAM HẢI)
Danny Bach is a Vietnamese photographer, specialised in documentary and portraiture. Danny sees himself as an independent photo story-teller. His projects often take a few weeks to several years to finish. In his stories, Danny focuses on seeking sympathy and hope.
Besides personal projects, Danny also shoots commercial portraits for Forbes Vietnam magazine, Saigon Entrepreneur magazine and various corporations and companies such as Vingroup, KOMPA, ASA Lighting Studio, LK Technology …
From 2017, Danny is known as the master printer of Vietnam Giclée Lab. He is the first certified Giclée printer in Vietnam. Since then, he’s printed and framed countless exhibitions in Vietnam and overseas.
From 2020, Danny joins the 3×4 program by Noirfoto as a mentor. Danny will help photographers in the 3×4 program to finalise their project(s) for exhibition.
Formal photographic education:
- 2016 – Diploma in Photo Imaging – RMIT University, Melbourne – Graduated
- 2013 – Certificate IV in Photo Imaging – RMIT University, Melbourne – Graduated
- Documentary photography.
- Portrait photography
- Giclée printmaking expert.
- 2016, RMIT EOY Exhibition, Melbourne, Australia.
- 2018, Montanha Pico Festival, Azores, Portugal.
- 2018, Blank Wall Gallery “Street Photography”, Athens, Greece.
- 2018, TOONG Minh Khai “Ellipsis”, HCMC, Vietnam.
- Bronze Award, Wedding Category, Loupe Award International 2013.
- Top 20 highest scoring images of Australian Photographer Award 2016.
- Out-standing documentary photobook, “S.H.A.M.E: Dealer or healer”, RMIT Diploma of Photo Imaging book launching event 2016.
- Award for “students who use their skills to make a difference” by Borge Imaging and Heartfelt, 2016.